The Victorian Government is offering solar panel rebates to Victorian households of up to $2225 to install solar PV panels.
The scheme is labelled the Solar Homes Package. It provides Victorian households with a 50 per cent rebate on the cost of a solar PV system, up to a maximum possible rebate of $2,225. This scheme is available from 18th August 2018 to 30th June 2019.
- Have a combined household income of less than $180,000 per annum before tax
- Be an owner-occupier of a home value at under $3,000,000
- Not have an existing solar PV panel system installed
- Choose a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product and use a CEC Accredited Installer
- Have an eligible solar panel system installed on or after 19 August 2018
- Engage an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a Work safe infringement notice in the past 3 years.
- Households will only be eligible for one rebate under the Solar Homes package, that is a household that accesses a solar PV rebate cannot claim a solar hot water rebate